MAKING GRANT RECOMMENDATIONS
You may make grant recommendations from your donor advised fund at any time. Grants are usually paid within two weeks of the date the recommendation is received. The minimum grant per organization is $100. Grant checks will be accompanied by a letter, customized for your fund, that indicates the grant has come from your fund and asks for the grantee’s acknowledgment of receipt. You may choose to remain anonymous.
Donor Central is a tool available to donors who have established a fund at the Community Foundation. All fund advisors are automatically registered for Donor Central access.
Please check out these resources on how to use Donor Central:
- Setting up your account and logging in for the first time: https://www.cfgcr.org/dc-login-process/
- Navigating in Donor Central: https://www.cfgcr.org/navigating-donor-central/
- Making a Grant Recommendation: https://www.cfgcr.org/grant-recommendations/
ADDING TO YOUR FUND
Adding to your fund is easy and can be done at any time in a number of ways:
- Send a check, payable to The Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region, with the name of your fund in the memo line or an accompanying letter.
- Contribute using Mastercard or Visa by calling (518) 446-9638.
- DONATE ONLINE.
- Gifts of stock are also accepted. Please review these instructions and call the Community Foundation at (518) 446-9638 for more information.
HELPFUL INFORMATION AND POLICIES
- Gift Acceptance Policy – details the Community Foundation’s policies for various types of gifts we can accept
- How to Give Securities– provides information on how to donate securities or mutual fund shares to the Community Foundation
- Investment and Spending Policy – describes the Community Foundation’s investments and policy for making distributions from its endowed funds
- Statement of Fees 2021 – fees charged on various types of funds