**Please note: this program is now full. Please click here to be added to the wait list. Wait list registrants will be notified as soon as possible before the September 10th session regarding the status of their registration. Please call the Community Foundation at (518) 446-9638 with any questions.**
In collaboration with a number of local funders, the Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region invites local nonprofit organizations to participate in the 2015 Greater Capital Region Capacity Building Mini-Grant Program. This program is offered free-of-charge thanks to the generosity of the funders listed above.
By participating in at least three out of four course sessions detailed below, organizations can qualify for mini-grants of up to $2,500 for capacity building initiatives.
Eligibility for Course Participation:
- Participants in the 2014 Capacity Building Mini-Grant Program are eligible to attend.
- Applicants must represent a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization that is located in, or provides a substantial service to, residents/visitors of Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Columbia, Greene, Montgomery, Fulton, Warren and Washington counties.
- Applicants must have an annual organizational budget of $5 million or less.
- Together, the organization’s executive director and one board member must attend at least three of the four course sessions listed below. (Different board members may attend different sessions.)
- Sessions will take place at Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in Latham, NY, from 8:00 a.m. to noon (8:00 – 8:45 a.m.: Registration and networking; 9:00 a.m. – noon: Program), on the following dates:
- September 10 – Seeing the Forest and the Trees: Tools for Staying on Track with Your Strategic Plan. Facilitators: Karen Bilowith, President and CEO, the Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region, and Nancy Meyers Preston, Strategic Planning & Fundraising Consultant.
- October 15 – Succession Planning for Success: Best Practices in Recruiting and Retaining the Best Board and Staff Talent. Facilitator: Debra Best, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Deb Best Practices.
- November 12 – Building a AAA Organization: Engaging Staff & Board in Effective Fund Raising. Facilitator: Susan Weinrich, VP, Organizational and Community Development, New York Council of Nonprofits.
- December 3 – Sustainability: An Honest Conversation About Core Support. Facilitator: Chris Cardona, Program Officer for Philanthropy, Ford Foundation.
To register, you will need the following information:
- The names, organizations/affiliations, email addresses and daytime phone numbers for the board member(s) who will be joining you on each date;
- Your organization’s Employer Identification Number (EIN);
- The number of employees at your organization;
- Your organization’s annual budget amount.
For full program details, including information on grant funding and eligible projects, please click here for the program flyer.
Please read the program flyer completely before registering.
This program has been made possible with funding support from:
Albany Guardian Society | Bender Family Foundation
The Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region | KeyBank Foundation | The Lincoln Fund
Linda G. Toohey Donor Advised Fund | MVP Health Care | Pavonia Fund | Standish Family Fund
Troy Savings Bank Charitable Foundation | United Way of the Greater Capital Region