A coalition of philanthropy, government, and business partners has joined together to create a Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund that will rapidly deploy resources to community-based organizations at the frontlines of the coronavirus outbreak in the Greater Capital Region of New York.
About the Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund
Co-led by the Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region and the United Way of the Greater Capital Region, The Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund has been established to provide flexible resources to 501c3 organizations working with local communities who are disproportionately impacted by coronavirus and the economic consequences of this outbreak.
One-time operating grants will help fund frontline human services organizations that have deep roots in the community and strong experience working with vulnerable populations. The first phase of rapid-response grants will help meet basic needs and help increase resiliency in affected communities. The Fund expects to move an initial round of grants within the next few weeks. Funding will be provided to organizations located and operating in Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga and Schenectady Counties. The committee will also consider supporting nonprofits operating in the surrounding counties of Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Montgomery, Schoharie, Warren, and Washington
The Community Foundation will administer grants from the Fund in partnership with United Way of the Greater Capital Region and in close collaboration with our partners. Together we will proactively identify potential grant recipients, solicit guidance on potential recipients from community advisors, and recommend final awards. Funds will be released on a rolling basis as fundraising continues throughout the outbreak and recovery phases of the crisis, making it possible to move resources quickly and adapt to evolving needs in subsequent funding phases.
- Frequently Asked Questions about the COVID-19 Response Fund
- If you are a nonprofit interested in support from the fund, please note that almost all the funds have been deployed. If you are interested in funding, please email your financial needs to email@example.com.
- For interested corporate donors and partners, please contact John Eberle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For media inquiries and interview requests, please contact Jonathan Meagher-Zayas at email@example.com.
- If you are a current fund advisor and would like to recommend a grant from your fund, please contact Shelly Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donations can be made online by clicking here.
- General questions & inquiries about the COVID-19 Response Fund can be directed to email@example.com.
- If you would like to make a donation by check, please mail to: the Community Foundation, 2 Tower Place, Albany, NY 12203.
Thank you to our partners who have come together to support our community through the Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund.
Government Partners: Albany County, Rensselaer County, and City of Albany
- Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund Raises over $450K and Deploys $200K in First Round of Grants
- $97K Deployed to Frontline Organizations in Second Round of Grants from the Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund
- Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund Deploys Additional $200K to Nonprofits Supporting Under-Resourced Communities
- Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund Grants Another $225K to Nonprofits and Encourages Community Members to Take Action
- Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund Raises Over $1 Million and Awards Grants with New Grant Priorities
- Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund Deployed Grants to over 100 Nonprofit Organizations, Helping More Than 500,000 People
Pictured at the top: CAPTAIN Community Services, a grant recipient of the fund, collecting donations of food and basic necessities.