We understand that this is a difficult time for your organization. We have compiled a list of resources that may be helpful to you as you continue your work in supporting and uplifting our community.
Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund
The CARES Act/Stimulus Bill and Nonprofits
Your organization should connect with your local bank now. In accordance with the advice of the NY Funders Alliance, we are encouraging you to follow up with your financial institutions as soon as possible and work with financial advisors to determine how best to utilize the resources. Specifically, you will want to work with banks offering 7(a) loans.
Highlights from the CARES Act for Nonprofits
- Paycheck Protection Program ($350 billion)
- Zero-fee loans for up to $10 million for payroll – forgiven if businesses retain employees and salary levels.
- Economic Injury Grants ($10 billion)
- $10,000 to small businesses and non-profits grants while waiting for the Paycheck Protection Program to process.
- Used for payroll, increased production costs, pay business obligations.
- The intent is to get this to recipients in 3 days.
- Apply for an emergency loan: Loans Available for Nonprofits in the CARES Act
- National Council of Nonprofits: Initial Analysis of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) (S. 748)
- CARES Act Nonprofit Summary
- The Small Business Owners Guide to the CARES Act
- What the Families First Coronavirus Response Act Means to Nonprofits
- CARES Act Presentation with BST on 04.03.2020
- CARES Act Presentation with BST Audio
- Public Relations Society of America Crisis Communications Resources
- US Chamber of Commerce Response Toolkit
- Helpful Coronavirus communications for charities
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resource Guide
- 8 Steps for Successful Fundraising During the Coronavirus Crisis
- COVID – 19: How to Prepare for Upcoming Events
- Coronavirus And Your 2020 Fundraising Goals: What Nonprofits Need To Know
- What you can do for your donors and others in Times of Crisis: COVID-19 Edition
- Free resources for creating a Coronavirus appeal
- Donor Relations Guru COVID-19 Resources
- Nonprofit HR Coronavirus Digital Information Portal
- Northeast New York Coalition for Occupational Safety & Health Coronavirus Information and Resources for Workers