Below you will find descriptions of scholarships that are currently accepting applications. There will be an updated list and applications available beginning in January 2020.
The scholarships described below are awarded based on a competitive application process. Eligibility criteria and application procedures for each scholarship are generally the same each year; however, due dates and award amounts may differ, and some scholarships may not be awarded every year. PLEASE NOTE:
- Each scholarship has its’ own set of eligibility criteria (such as school you are currently attending, course of study you intend to pursue, etc.). You will need to answer several questions to determine your initial eligibility before you will be able to complete and submit applications.
- To return to an application in progress, please use the purple button on this page. Do not click on the “Click here to begin application” link; you’ll have to start over!
- Our online applications work best in the latest versions of: Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari. We do NOT recommend using the Chrome browser to complete applications.
- Applications cannot be submitted without all required information and paperwork.
- If you are using a Mac, please do not upload documents using the .pages file extension.
- If you experience difficulty with the online application process, please check our FAQs by clicking here
or contact Jenna Cuilla at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 446-9638.
The Lawrence Spraragen Memorial Scholarship (up to $1,700): Established in memory of Lawrence Spraragen. The applicant must be the child or grandchild of a current, active member if IBEW Local 236 or the child or grandchild of the management or staff of a signatory contractor to IBEW Local 236. The applicant must also be a graduating high school senior, have been accepted at or plan to attend an accredited two-year or four-year college or university or be a current college student or a union member that would like to continue his/her education.
Dunham Hollow-West Stephentown Scholarship ($2,500): This scholarship was established in memory of Frank Johnson, who donated real estate to the Dunham Hollow West Stephentown community. This scholarship will enable a student from Averill Park High School to attend and complete a vocational or trade program.