GETTING STARTED IS EASY.
The Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region is uniquely positioned to help you achieve results through philanthropy – whatever your charitable goals. The Community Foundation will provide the expertise to help you identify and refine your motivations for giving. In doing so, your giving can be more satisfying and more effective, and you can take philanthropy to the next level -- during your lifetime and beyond.
These questions will help you think about your charitable giving, and how the Community Foundation can help.
1. What do you want to support? What are the issues and organizations you care about? How do you want to make a positive impact in the community? We offer as much - or as little - assistance as you want with developing your charitable giving plan.
2. When would you like to start giving? You can start giving now or create a legacy as part of your estate plan – or both.
3. What would you like to contribute? The Foundation accepts a variety of contributions – cash, publicly traded stock, retirement plan assets, closely held stock, copyrights, and life insurance. Most funds can be established with an irrevocable contribution of $5,000.
4. What would you like to accomplish? No matter your charitable goals, we have the right option for you. We offer a variety of different funds to help you expand and improve your charitable giving.
5. What do you want the fund to be called? Once you've made your decisions, you name the fund - then let us do the rest. Many funds can be set up in a day with a simple agreement. You will want to talk with your legal or financial advisor about a bequest or deferred gift. We're happy to help and can provide the legal language to your advisor.
Call us today at 518-446-9638 to talk about partnering with the Community Foundation for your charitable giving.